Developing the tourism sector under KEDA development programme especially in its rural regions.
- Enabling active participation from the target groups in the tourism sector.
- Adding activities that have added value for a more positive yield and in line with the objective of equity growth with balanced development (KEDAH MAJU 2010 and National Development Policy).
- Beauty and green environment in the rural surroundings.
- Identify potential villages in the KEDA regions.
- Plan and implement tourism programmes : homestay, eco-tourism, culture, history and others.
- Integrated package by increasing the state Tourism Sector, central government, private sectors and others.
Potential Areas for the Homestay Programme
- Desa KEDA Kampung Wang Tok Rendong, Langkawi
- Desa KEDA Kampung Tepi Sungai, Kuala Muda
- Desa KEDA Kampung Lahar Tunjung, Pendang
- Desa KEDA Bandar Baru Berisjaya, Sik
- Desa KEDA Bagan Sena, Kulim
- Desa KEDA Pulau Tuba, Langkawi
- Desa KEDA Ulu Legong, Baling